The 2000 CR250R MXer has a completely new frame, swingarm, and a thoroughly redesigned engine.
Features & Benefits
- All-new second-generation twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm offer optimal balance of rigidity and strength for lighter, easier handling on widely varying track conditions.
- Redesigned engine ports, air intake tract and exhaust provide excellent high rpm output, improved low and mid-range power delivery, and more useable power throughout the rev band.
- Slim new design combines with minimal bodywork to emphasize the beautiful frame and engine. A redesigned seat creates a 10-15mm narrower profile in the seat and tank area, providing greater comfort in competition riding.
- Liquid-cooled 2-stroke single cylinder engine with 66.4mm x 72.0mm bore & stroke and 8.7:1 compression ratio.
- Power characteristics now provide smoother low and mid-range power delivery while providing excellent high rpm power output.
- Larger airbox with 35-percent more volume is located 15mm farther forward providing better low-end response, stronger torque, and improved driveability.
- 38mm flat-slide Keihen carburetor incorporates a triple-taper needle for precise fuel/air metering and superb throttle response.
- Carburetor insulator features an internal step that smooths airflow drawn into the engine, improving throttle response.
- Six-petal reed valve improves throttle response and power delivery. Improved production tolerances enhance reed-valve durability.
- Reshaped CRV rotary/flap exhaust valve has longer extensions at the side of the flap to better follow the exhaust port shape for increased internal turbulence, improved exhaust scavenging, and responsive acceleration.
- Sub-exhaust valve port is raised 1mm to improve exhaust transition flow to exhaust valves, providing smoother, more responsive power delivery at low to mid-range rpm.
- Modified expansion chamber enhances the engine's power output and delivery.
- 16-bit processor in the ignition CPU produces faster data calculation and more accurate ignition timing for the solid-state 3-D map-type digital ignition.
- New dual radiators provide 10-percent more surface area and a 8-percent improvement in heat dispersion over the previous single radiator design.
- Steel water-pump gear for excellent reliability.
- Durable, smooth-shifting close-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Primary kickstarting allows starting in any gear.
- Completely new second-generation frame features smaller, lighter twin-spar aluminum construction with semi-double engine cradle configuration.
- Extruded aluminum main frame spars are narrowed from 90mm to 80mm while retaining 30mm spar thickness, reducing torsional rigidity 25-percent and increasing lateral rigidity 10-percent to provide an ideal balance of rigidity, strength, compliance and comfort.
- New chassis design moves frame spars lower for a narrower feel.
- New forged aluminum steering head replaces extruded piece, providing a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
- Semi-double engine cradle features a single, large diameter 45mm x 50mm dual box section downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine.
- Redesigned upper and lower triple clamps increase steering precision.
- Lightweight, 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork features 12.4 inches of travel, 16-position rebound damping adjustability and 16-position compression damping adjustability.
- Inner surface of front fork outer-tubes and rear damper case are molybdenum-coated for low friction.
- All-new swingarm features a dual-axis, double taper design with a larger, cast aluminum cross-member for 25-percent greater swingarm rigidity.
- Pro-Link? single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 12.5 inches of wheel travel. Separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters.
- Rear shock's damper piston diameter is increased from 46mm to 50mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Redesigned Pro-Link linkage is 3.5 ounces lighter, providing a lower rate in the swingarm's initial travel and a higher rate approaching full compression for a smoother, progressive ride.
- Linkage mount on frame cross-brace is raised 10mm to minimize ground contact on jump landings and rough terrain.
- Increased rear axle diameter from 20mm to 25mm and larger diameter bearings
- provide a significant increase in rigidity to withstand tortuous track conditions.
- New, compact dual-piston front brake caliper with steel pistons reduces unsprung weight by 2.8 ounces.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect the large 240mm rotor and caliper from damage.
- Rear disc brake features low-positioned caliper and thin, large-diameter, 240mm rotor for maximum power and responsiveness.
- Strong, rigid front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span.
- Super-light rims, straight-pull spokes and lightweight hubs offer exceptional durability and minimize unsprung weight for optimum suspension action.
- All new fenders, shrouds and sidecovers emphasize a clean, purposeful design.
- Reshaped seat with softer foam is positioned closer to the reshaped fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider comfort and mobility.
- Handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- CR125/250 handlebar holders provide 3 different mounting positions: standard CR250R holder provides neutral position and optional CR125R holder provides _3mm fore or aft position to match rider preference.
- Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimum engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Repackable silencer for maximum performance and minimal noise.
- Lightweight, rugged chain guide and lower chain roller for maximum durability.
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Wide, cleated cast stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America. Benefits include discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
Model CR250R Engine Type 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder two-stroke with power-port system Bore and Stroke 66.4mm x 72mm Compression Ratio 8.7:1 Induction Six-petal reed valve Carburetion 38mm flat-slide Ignition Solid-state 3-D map-type digital ignition with electronic advance Transmission Close-ratio five-speed Final Drive #520 chain; 13T/50T Suspension Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock
with spring preload, 17-position
rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions)
and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.5 inches travel Brakes Front: Single 240mm disc with tw
in-piston caliper Rear: Single 240mm disc Tires Front: 80/100-21 Rear: 110/90-19 Wheelbase 58.5 inches Rake (Caster Angle) 27.73 Trail 113.8mm (4.48 inches) Seat Height 37.7 inches Ground Clearance 13.1 inches Dry Weight 213.8 pounds Fuel Capacity 2.0 gallons Color Red
Consult owner's manual for optional racing parts.