Chevy/GMC 4x4 Readers Rides
Jul. 01, 2000
John Crabtree's 1994 S-15 GMC Jimmy SLE
- 4.3 liter Vortec V6 (replaced November '99)
- Line-X (a bedliner material) from the body line down. Chrome grill sprayed over, too.
- Smitt-built bumpers
- Ram off-road side bars
- Trailmaster 5" suspension lift
- Black Diamond 3" body lift
- 33X12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers (5 including spare in hatch) on 15X8.5 Z-Racing aluminum wheels.
- receiver hitches welded into frame holes in front for two Warn loops/multi-mount winch.
- front fenders cut out 2" in front, 3" in back. No cutting on rear fenders. Still some tire rub when transverse in front.
- 3.43 gears right now. Considering swapping to 4.56 to reduce engine lug and installing a locker.
- Special thanks to Cabot Tire & Off Road, Line-X, and Mid-Ark Distributing.