Suzuki 4x4 - Photo Album: Benyamin Fahmie
I have a 1995 Suzuki Vitara LWB, which is in JLX trim but powered by what is, in Indonesia, a rare 16 valve electronic fuel injection engine (called Vitara EPI here). It's very, very rare since a 16-valve powered Vitara was not officially released in Indonesia and was only sold to selected people. Production (Indonesian assembled) ran from October 1994 to April 1995. There are only 250 nation-wide.
I bought it new--its my daily driver--and it has 70.000 km as of the date of my original photo submission. Since it's a rare model, I always take good care of it. The hardest part is to keep it clean, especially during the rainy season. Finding engine after-market parts is hell.
- 17x8.5 jj Italian-made OZ Navajo with 255/50 VR-17 Pirelli Scorpion Zero
- Two-tone paint
- Splitfire spark plugs
- Original Vitara front brush guard
- Recaro Jetsetter LX front seats
- Custom steering wheel
- K&N original replacement air cleaner (difficult to find in Indonesia!)
- Rear roof spoiler
- Kenwood KRC-490 with JBL speakers
- Dick Cepek rear shock absorbers and 1 inch rear spring spacer (to keep from bottoming out)
Future upgrades planned
- Electronic sliding and tilting glass sunroof
- Full engine upgrade
- Limited-slip diffrentials
- Front skid plate
I'm quite happy with its performance, even though sometimes it gets bogged. I once achieved 170 km/h (about 100 mph) with the stone stock engine.