The 2007 Kawasaki KX™250 features a powerful 249cc, liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine wrapped in a lightweight perimeter style frame.
The KX250’s chassis includes a strong, lightweight Renthal aluminum handlebar, aluminum subframe and the rear shock features dual compression adjustability so riders have maximum tuning options for both low- and high-speed compression damping. Up front, the Kayaba AOS fork has a one-piece sleeve for plush suspension action at full compression.
The KX250 has excellent stopping power, thanks to its petal-style disc brakes. Not only are they lighter than a traditional disc, their shape also helps to clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance when conditions get nasty.
Kawasaki offers optional parts for the KX250, including carburetor tuning parts, ignition rotors, a larger countershaft sprocket, aluminum and steel rear sprockets, solid brake discs for wet racing conditions and a 20-inch front wheel.
- Powerful and lightweight 249cc two-stroke liquid-cooled engine
- Piston profile helps to reduce mechanical noise
- Reed valve stopper improves low-rpm response and scavenging efficiency by facilitating airflow through the third scavenging port
- High-flow water-pump impeller boosts coolant circulation for more consistent high-rpm and over-rev performance
- Primary gear is secured using a key and lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- High-capacity silencer ensures the KX250 meets strict noise emission standards
- Long-fiber silencer packing is durable and requires less maintenance
- Renthal aluminum handlebar is strong and lightweight
- Front and rear petal disc brakes help to reduce unsprung weight
- Petal-shaped discs help to clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
- Rear shock features dual compression adjustability so riders have tuning options for both low-speed and high-speed compression damping
- Kayaba AOS (Air-Oil-Separate) fork features a one-piece plastic sleeve inside the fork tubes to improve suspension action at full compression
- Aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and black graphics are matched by a two-tone seat
- Front and side number plates feature factory graphics
- Carburetor tuning parts
- Different inertia magneto rotors
- Larger countershaft sprocket
- 20-inch front wheel
- Solid brake discs for wet racing conditions
- Aluminum and steel rear sprockets
- Optional fork and shock springs
- Steel spoke nipples
- Front and rear wheel assemblies
||Two-stroke single with KIPS®
|Bore and Stroke
||66.4 x 72.0mm
||Keihin PWK38S with Power Jet
||Piston reed valve
||10.5 (low speed) – 9.1 (high speed):1
||Perimeter style, high-tensile steel with aluminum subframe
|Rake / trail
||26 degrees / 4.1 in
Suspension/ wheel travel
|| 48mm inverted cartridge-type telescopic fork with 16-way compression and rebound damping / 11.8 in.
Suspension/ wheel travel
||UNI-TRAK® linkage system with 18-way low-speed compression and 2-turn high-speed compression damping, plus 16-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 12.2 in.
||Single semi-floating 250mm petal disc with dual-piston caliper
||Single 240mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
||Lime Green / Black