Kendal Norman and Quinn Cody Earn SCORE Baja 500 Motorcycle Win
Although the Johnny Campbell Racing Honda team earned both first and second place at the Tecate SCORE Baja 500, it turns out that Colton Udall and David Kamo, who rode the 0x bike to honor fallen teammate Jeff “Ox” Kargola, didn’t earn the motorcycle win after all. SCORE officials reported that after tracking data was reviewed, the 1x CRF450X of Kendall Norman and Quinn Cody earned the win after 10 minutes of penalties were handed out to the 0x for violations.
The win gave Honda its 16th overall motorcycle victory in the Tecate SCORE Baja 500 and 15th straight title. Norman and Udall ran neck and neck down the final street section in Ensenada, crossing the finish line at essentially the same time. Since Norman started 30 seconds ahead of Udall, it appeared that Udall and Kamo earned the win initially. Ultimately, it was still a tight battle between the Honda “A” team of Norman and Cody and the “B” team of Udall and Kamo.
“The thing is, it is always going to be a really aggressive race between us (and Colton Udall) because we have the same support, we've got the best bikes and the best pits so it's always going to be a dogfight,” Norman said after the race.
After the release of SCORE official results, the KTM450 SX-F of Ivan Ramirez and Brandon Prieto remain in third place, finishing more than 28 minutes behind second-place Ox bike. The fourth fastest motorcycle, and winner of Class 30, was the team of Mike Johnson, Steve Garnett and Brian Pinard. Finishing in fifth place was another Class 30 bike piloted by Francisco Septien, Jason Trubey, Scotty Myers, David Fry and Jim O’Neal.
Click here for Official SCORE Results
SCORE Baja 500 - Pro Motorcycles Overall
1. Kendall Norman/Quinn Cody
- Honda CRF450X, 8:47:07 (51.76 mph), Class 22
2. Colton Udall/David Kamo Honda
- CRF450X, 8:57:07 (50.79 mph), Class 22
3. Ivan Ramirez/Brandon Prieto,
- KTM 450XCW, 9:25:16 (48.07 mph), Class 22
4. Mike Johnson/Steve Garnett/Brian Pinard
- Honda CRF450X, 9:56:05 (45.58 mph), Class 30
5. Francisco Septien/Jason Trubey/Scott Myers/David Fry/Jim O’Neal
-Honda CRF450X, 10:13:25 (44.29 mph), Class 30
6. Jeff Kaplan/Ron Wilson/Jeff Sheets/Brett Helm
- Honda CRF450X, 10:18:45 (43.91 mph), Class 40
7. Trevor Insley/Matt Eddy/Max Eddy Jr./Bill Gilbert
- Honda CRF450X, 10:35:13 (42.77 mph), Class 21
8. Adam Neuwirth/Brandon Prieto/Ricky Brabec
- Honda CRF450X, 10:37:36 (42.61mph), Class 21
9. Brody Kunz/ Phil Cowan/Chris Parr
- Kawasaki KLX450, 10:57:59 (41.29 mph), Class 21
10. Francisco Arredondo/Connor Penhall
- Honda CRF450X, 11:05:20 (40.84 mph), Class 22