FULLERTON, CA – Yokohama Tire Corporation has announced the official launch of its all-new, user-centric Web site at www.yokohamatire.com designed to put customers first and their needs, according to Theresa Palang, Yokohama manager of public relations and digital marketing. It is built for engagement, interactivity, education, empowerment with information and positive shopping experience.
“Understanding the customers and how best to address their needs have always been the primary focus at Yokohama,” said Palang. “With the new site, we have now provided those customers with new means by which to express their needs and on a platform that is increasingly becoming their choice – digital. Whether a beginner at the tire selection process or a seasoned enthusiast, male or female, performance aficionado or daily driver, the new site walks the user through according to their preferences and on a centralized hub that integrates all social media channels, tools and resources – a first in the tire industry.”
Key elements of the site include:
– Interactive Driving Style Selector: Asks consumers what their driving style is on a continuum of easy-going to spirited.
– Relative Performance Meter: Asks consumers to rate five tire performance factors in order of importance to them, including dry handling, wet handling, winter traction, noise/comfort and longevity.
– Interactive Product “Hot Spots:” Explains how each tire feature has been built to deliver a specific benefit.
– Tires 101: Educates consumers on the relationship between tires and wheels, aspect ratios, tire sizing systems, speed ratings, load-carrying capacity, customizing options, and tire care and safety. Includes a glossary for better understanding of terms related to the characteristics and performance of tires.
– Tech Lab: Informs on the technologies that go into the design and manufacture of Yokohama tires, including water evacuation, tread wear, rolling resistance and aerodynamics simulations.
– Integrated Social Media: Yokohama’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels are in one convenient place for consumers to post threads or learn what others are saying about Yokohama. Additionally, Yokohama’s proprietary iPad app is made available for download for consumers to take on the go.
– Content Sharing and Bookmarking: Consumers researching a product can easily email/print information, or make instant connections with others through a variety of bookmarking and sharing tools that include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, Delicious, MSN Messenger, Reddit, Yammer and over 300 additional tools.
To assist the consumer in the decision-making process, shopping tools are also provided, which include:
– Tire Comparisons: Side-by-side comparisons are presented for up to three Yokohama tires selected.
– Dealer Locator: Multiple points of access provide a gateway anytime during the tire search process to the Dealer Locator, which returns results showing independent tire dealers, auto dealerships, and OE service providers.
Yokohama will also roll out new, stand alone sections on the site, including Motorsports, Sustainability, Commercial Tire and Off-The-Road Tire (OTR).
“The user-centric website with integrated social media channels are only the beginning,” said Palang. “As our customers migrate to other, newer digital platforms in the future we will introduce additional initiatives to make sure we are ever responsive to their preferences and needs.”
Check out the new site at www.yokohamatire.com.