Greenville, S.C. (Oct 31, 2014) – BFGoodrich® Tires, the company that created the first all-terrain tire in 1976, has launched its most advanced light truck tire ever with the new All-Terrain T/A KO2 tire. The tire is now available in 12 initial sizes to consumers at more than 20,000 BFGoodrich authorized dealers.
How do you replace an off-road icon? It’s not an easy question to answer, especially for BFGoodrich as it looks to replace its iconic off-road staple, the All-Terrain T/A KO tire. We’re currently down in Baja putting the new All-Terrain T/A KO2 to the test on the very terrain BFG has made a name for itself in the off-road racing world. This is also where the company has learned much of what has gone into its truck and SUV tires that have been used on the pavement and in the dirt for decades.
Cooper Tire just announced at the 2013 SEMA Show the introduction of a new Mastercraft mud-terrain off-road tire. As the company states in a press release for the new tire, the Mastercraft Courser MXT is “Built for serious off-road performance, the Courser MXT features the latest in mud-terrain construction and performance, in addition to an aggressive off-road design.”
“With the introduction of the Courser MXT, Mastercraft is expanding its proven family of light truck products to encompass extreme off-road needs,” said Scott Jamieson, Cooper Tire’s Director of Product Management. “We are excited about showcasing it at SEMA and to give our customers an exclusive first look.”
Cooper says the aggressively styled design of the Courser MXT is perfect for extreme off-roading performance. Its deep, functional “side biter” design enables the tires to propel through even the toughest off-road conditions with maximum traction. In addition, the Courser MXT presents enhanced stud pinning and siping for better grip on wet surfaces and in icy conditions. The Courser MXT will be available in 23 of the industry’s most popular light truck sizes in the off-road segment and is designed for today’s truck enthusiasts.
For more information on Mastercraft tires and the Courser MXT, visit www.mastercrafttires.com.
Radar Tires racers Doug Mittag and Jerett Brooks head into this weekend’s Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORRS) season finale rounds with the goal of earning the tire manufacturer’s first short course, off-road racing win.
Both Mittag and Brooks are slated to compete in the ProLite class for LOORRS rounds 15 and 16 at Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park in Lake Elsinore, Calif.
Mittag, 19, has been subbing for the recovering Mike Johnson and will drive the No. 81 Bronson Motorsports Toyota Tacoma sponsored by Radar Tires. Mittag has been working with Bronson since the September Las Vegas LOORRS race. Both Mittag and Bronson Motorsports expect a solid weekend in the No. 81 truck as both the driver and team are based just south of the track – Mittag in Temecula and Bronson in Mureitta.
Vision Wheel has introduced an all-terrain ATV tire that features the first assymetrical tread design which provides superior performance in mud, hardpack and snow. Called Duo Trax, the radial design of the all-terrain 6-ply tire ensures a smooth ride and increased handling stability at high speeds and on hard cornering.
The tire meets the needs of all ATVs and UTVs and is available in sizes 26x11R12 and 26x9R12. This summer sizes 26x11R14 and 26x9R14 will also be available.
Due Trax is DOT approved for limited highway use and E-Mark approved for Europe.
For additional information, visit www.visionwheel.com or call toll-free 800-633-3936.
3512 6th Ave. S.E.
Decatur, AL 35603
STI Tire & Wheel is transforming sand tire technology with the introduction of the all-new Vortex V-Roll line of tires. The Vortex V-Roll is a game changer for owners of large displacement UTVs. Designed specifically for big-bore side-by-sides, this tire delivers the high performance needed for heavier, high-horsepower applications.
Key to the effectiveness of the V-Roll is its sizing. This lightweight, 4-ply tire is being introduced in a 27×11-14 front and a 27×14-14 rear. By mounting on a 14-inch wheel, the result is a super-wide, high-flotation footprint that keeps the machine on top of the sand instead sinking in. This also achieves a very low-profile sidewall, which enhances handling by minimizing tire flex and lateral roll. The sizing ensures proper front and rear brake clearance for all popular UTV applications. And there’s no denying the “cool” factor of the many popular and stylish 14-inch wheels on the market today (including STI’s own HD Alloy Series).
The 11-inch-wide front V-Roll features a rib to provide excellent steering response and minimal rolling resistance. The 14-inch-wide rear V-Roll uses eight paddles for an ideal balance of traction and handling. The paddles are molded in, which greatly increases durability.
The Vortex V-Roll is very competitive in terms of both performance and pricing. It even comes standard with a one-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
STI Vortex V-Roll tires are available at finer ATV/UTV dealers everywhere, through MTA Distributing. For more information, to place an order or to locate an STI dealer, visit www.stitireandwheel.com or call: East (318) 255-0049; West (951) 272-0971.
FULLERTON, CA – Yokohama Tire Corporation has announced the official launch of its all-new, user-centric Web site at www.yokohamatire.com designed to put customers first and their needs, according to Theresa Palang, Yokohama manager of public relations and digital marketing. It is built for engagement, interactivity, education, empowerment with information and positive shopping experience.
“Understanding the customers and how best to address their needs have always been the primary focus at Yokohama,” said Palang. “With the new site, we have now provided those customers with new means by which to express their needs and on a platform that is increasingly becoming their choice – digital. Whether a beginner at the tire selection process or a seasoned enthusiast, male or female, performance aficionado or daily driver, the new site walks the user through according to their preferences and on a centralized hub that integrates all social media channels, tools and resources – a first in the tire industry.”
– Interactive Driving Style Selector: Asks consumers what their driving style is on a continuum of easy-going to spirited.
– Relative Performance Meter: Asks consumers to rate five tire performance factors in order of importance to them, including dry handling, wet handling, winter traction, noise/comfort and longevity.
– Interactive Product “Hot Spots:” Explains how each tire feature has been built to deliver a specific benefit.
– Tires 101: Educates consumers on the relationship between tires and wheels, aspect ratios, tire sizing systems, speed ratings, load-carrying capacity, customizing options, and tire care and safety. Includes a glossary for better understanding of terms related to the characteristics and performance of tires.
– Tech Lab: Informs on the technologies that go into the design and manufacture of Yokohama tires, including water evacuation, tread wear, rolling resistance and aerodynamics simulations.
– Integrated Social Media: Yokohama’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels are in one convenient place for consumers to post threads or learn what others are saying about Yokohama. Additionally, Yokohama’s proprietary iPad app is made available for download for consumers to take on the go.
– Content Sharing and Bookmarking: Consumers researching a product can easily email/print information, or make instant connections with others through a variety of bookmarking and sharing tools that include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, Delicious, MSN Messenger, Reddit, Yammer and over 300 additional tools.
To assist the consumer in the decision-making process, shopping tools are also provided, which include:
– Tire Comparisons: Side-by-side comparisons are presented for up to three Yokohama tires selected.
– Dealer Locator: Multiple points of access provide a gateway anytime during the tire search process to the Dealer Locator, which returns results showing independent tire dealers, auto dealerships, and OE service providers.
Yokohama will also roll out new, stand alone sections on the site, including Motorsports, Sustainability, Commercial Tire and Off-The-Road Tire (OTR).
“The user-centric website with integrated social media channels are only the beginning,” said Palang. “As our customers migrate to other, newer digital platforms in the future we will introduce additional initiatives to make sure we are ever responsive to their preferences and needs.”
Check out the new site at www.yokohamatire.com.