Toyota today released the pricing for the all-new TRD Pro Series models that are coming soon. As Toyota says, the trucks and SUVs are designed for “Serious off-roaders, professional or amateur, young and old, will soon be able to drive over rough terrain with the most adrenaline-inducing lineup of off-road vehicles Toyota has ever unleashed.”
The Tacoma TRD Pro Series will start getting down and dirty when it reaches dealerships in early August, 2014 while the 4Runner TRD Pro will arrive one month later in early September. The Tundra TRD Pro will arrive this fall.
Serious Specs for Serious Off-Roaders
With each part engineered, tested and tuned by Toyota and the experts at Toyota Racing Development (TRD), the Tundra, Tacoma and 4Runner TRD Pro Series are packed with authentic off-road capability and built to be pushed to the limits. Available on 4X4 models of Tundra, Tacoma and 4Runner, all TRD Pro Series vehicles will be equipped with:
- TRD Bilstein shocks with remote reservoirs in the rear, for increased oil capacity and suspension travel
- TRD-tuned front springs
- Unique front grille with “TOYOTA” badging (pays tribute to early iconic Toyota models)
- TRD floor mats
- TRD shift knobs
- Black alloy wheels
A hot new color, Inferno, is joined by Attitude Black Metallic and Super White, cool classics for off-road rigs.
Building on the best-selling compact pickup in the industry, Tacoma TRD Pro beefs up its off-road spirit with:
- 16-inch black beadlock-style TRD alloy wheels with BFGoodrich LT265/70R16 A/T tires
- TRD-tuned springs with 1.75-inch lift for the front
- Decreased spring rate
- TRD Exhaust
- Black “TRD PRO” external hard badge
Bold and Adventurous 4Runner
Adding to its off-road capability, 4Runner TRD PRO will be exclusively equipped with:
- 17-inch matte black TRD alloy wheels with Nitto Terra Grappler P265/70R17 A/T tires
- TRD-tuned front springs, which increases the front height by 1-inch
- ¼-inch thick aluminum front skid plate with “TRD” stamped in large font
4Runner TRD Pro complements its extreme off-road capability with premium convenience features that include:
- Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite
- Black SofTex-trimmed seats with red stitching
- Heated & power adjustable front seats
- Homelink® universal transceiver
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Auto on/off headlights
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the Tacoma TRD Pro will range from $35,525 for the Access Cab with a 4.0-liter V6 and 6-speed manual transmission to $37,415 for the Double Cab V6 with a 5-speed automatic transmission.
The MSRP for the 4Runner TRD Pro will be $41,110. Pricing for the Tundra TRD Pro will be announced in the near future.
The MSRP for the Tacoma TRD Pro and 4Runner TRD Pro does not include the delivery, processing, and handling (DPH) fee of $885. The DPH fee for vehicles distributed by Southeast Toyota (SET) and Gulf States Toyota (GST) may vary.
MODEL# MODEL GRADE MSRP
8674 4Runner TRD Pro 4×4 V6 5AT $41,110
7555 Tacoma TRD Pro 4×4 Access Cab V6 6MT $35,525
7556 Tacoma TRD Pro 4×4 Access Cab V6 5AT $36,505
7597 Tacoma TRD Pro 4×4 Double Cab V6 6MT $36,435
7598 Tacoma TRD Pro 4×4 Double Cab V6 5AT $37,415