San Marcos, CA – Baja Designs OnX LED Lights shine the way for Vildosola Racing to claim the overall victory at the 45th SCORE Tecate Baja 1000 race. The dominant win, finishing over 15 minutes ahead of the next racer, also marked Baja Designs as the only lighting manufacturer to win the grueling race with only LED lights shining the way – no HID lights.
Baja Designs’ ability to make their proprietary American-Made LED lighting technology shine further and brighter convinced the Vildosola Racing team to test and ultimately choose BD lights for their Trophy Truck. Vildosola Racing team joins other Baja champions like McMillin Racing, Menzies Motorsports, and JCR Honda in choosing BD Lights for their racing efforts.
The Story: The green flag dropped and Baja Designs racers charged hard into the night. It was the new Baja Design converts, Vildosola Racing, overcoming a back-of-the-pack start and charging hard for the overall lead. During their pursuit, the front lower OnX LED lights were literally torn off the Ford Trophy Truck into the Baja abyss while nerfing and passing. With only a single 51″ OnX LED light bar left on the truck, Gus Vildosola Jr. was able to overcome a time-costly flat tire and still gain on the competition by shining bright in the desert night. When the checkered flag fell it was Vildosola Racing and the single 51″ OnX LED light Bar making history as the first ever LED only light set-up to win the SCORE Tecate Baja 1000.
Fact: Six of the Top 10 Overall SCORE Baja 1000 Finishers chose Baja Designs.
Other Baja Designs victories and top finishes were claimed:
– 1st Place Overall, 1st Trophy Truck Gus Vildosola Jr. , Gus Vildosola (Trophy Truck)
– 1st Place Class One, 9th Overall Luke McMIllin and Justin “Bean” Smith (Class 1)
– 1st Place Score Lites Otoniel Huerta, Enrique Munoz (Class 12)
– 2nd Place Score Lites Brent Parkhouse, Jim Moulton, and Brian Burgess (Class 12)
– 2nd Place Pro Motorcycle Factory KTM Bike with an OnX setup
– 5th Place Overall Dan/Mark McMillin and Chuck Hovey (Trophy Truck)
– 6th Place Overall Steven Strobel, Dale Ebberts and Gay Smith (Trophy Truck)
– 7th Place Overall Andy/Scott/Jessica McMillin (Trophy Truck)
– 8th Place Overall Bryce Menzies,Jesse Jones and Larry Job (Trophy Truck)
Baja Designs congratulates all finishers of the 45th SCORE Tecate Baja 1000, and gives big thanks to those that support the best lighting company in the dirt. For more information about Baja Designs LED lighting, please visit www.bajadesigns.com or call (800)422-5292.