CORONA, CA - THR Motorsports has partnered with Bonanza Plumbing to prepare for the grueling 44th Annual Tecate SCORE Baja 1000. Together for a second assault on the famous “1000,” this time they will be flying the Precision Concepts-backed Kawasaki colors. The experienced crew and team of talented riders are all poised for a race win in the 2011 Baja 1000.
The five-rider team combines youth with experience, and includes Shane Esposito, Robby Bell, Bobby Garrison, Steve Hengeveld and David Pearson. The team will ride a Kawasaki KX450F prepared by Bob Bell of Precision Concepts. The all-star lineup of riders and the winning know-how of Precision Concepts combine to form a potent and formidable force; one which will be gunning for glory in November.
* Shane Esposito, fresh off his 2011 Vegas to Reno win, has a long track record of desert wins on both sides of the border.
* Robby Bell has filled his resume with numerous Baja 500 & 1000 wins, and is also a formidable WORCS racer.
* Bobby Garrison is the youngest member of the team, but is a proven winner, both in motocross and WORCS.
* David Pearson is a seasoned racer with numerous wins and desert racing championships to his credit. He currently sits second in the AMA National Hare & Hound series on his Purvines-backed bike.
* Steve Hengeveld is also no stranger to victory, and is a familiar star in SCORE racing with seven overall Baja 1000 wins and co-wins to his name.
* Bell and Hengeveld each know the path to victory, having ridden with the coveted “1x” plate of the reigning Baja champion.
The fuel-injected Kawasaki KX450F is a solid and versatile platform, which has celebrated victories in off-road races from the deserts of the West to the mud and trees of the GNCC series. Bob Bell considers its strong power and light weight to be a distinct advantage for this year’s event, which will feature one of the roughest courses in recent memory.
In the SCORE pre-race drawing the team has been selected to start 11th off the line. The 11x Bonanza Plumbing/THR Motorsports/Precision Concepts Kawasaki Team promises to be a front-runner at the SCORE Baja 1000 and show the way to the checkered flag.
In addition to Bonanza Plumbing, THR Motorsports owners Scott Jacobson and Rob Sims have chosen to partner with Precision Concepts and Purvines Racing. Several additional valued associate sponsors have stepped up to help support the team.
THR Motorsports also supports a Class 1 car that recently added a win at the SNORE Mint 400 to its long list of successes. THR Motorsports is backed internally by its Machining Services Division – Hoosier Precision Machining – which is a full-service machining company with more than 35 years of manufacturing experience. Media Kit
For more photos and/or information, please visit www.thrmotorsports.com.