ROCKSTAR Energy Drink driver Rob MacCachren knows all about momentum. MacCachren’s ability to read terrain and carry speed through the dirt is legendary; even after two years people are still talking about how MacCachren piloted a 1600-powered buggy to finish seventh overall out of a field of 250 at the 2009 Mint 400. And while he is fresh off winning the MasterCraft Safety Tecate SCORE San Felipe 250, desert racing is not the only venue where MacCachren has thrived in his 28 year racing career.
On March 19th Rob MacCachren will head to Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona to defend his Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORS) Pro2 Unlimited season championship. Last season MacCachren won an astounding nine of the fifteen rounds of racing in his ROCKSTAR Energy/BFGoodrich Tires/MasterCraft Safety truck, earning his third Pro2 championship in as many years. MacCachren’s short course career accomplishments include winning three consecutive Borg-Warner Championships and three Governor’s Cup Championships at the legendary Crandon International Raceway, all on BFGoodrich tires.
If you are in the Phoenix area, you won’t want to miss the opening rounds of door-to-door LOORS racing at Firebird Raceway this weekend. LOORS designed a purpose-built track at Firebird International Raceway just 15 minutes from downtown Phoenix with several high speed sections, spectacular jumps, a unique table top rhythm section, and a dual split line. Those of you at home can follow Rob MacCachren’s ROCKSTAR Energy/BFGoodrich Tires/MasterCraft Safety truck and all of the non-stop action on CBS, the Speed Channel, Versus, MavTV, and Totally Off Road Radio in the near future.
Rob MacCachren’s 25 Year Racing Career Includes:
- 180 career victories and 20 series championships between closed short course and open desert racing
- 5 SCORE Baja 1000 victories
- 5 SCORE Baja 500 wins
- 3 consecutive short course Pro 2 Championships (2008, 2009 and 2010)
- 3 consecutive Borg Warner trophies (1999, 2000, and 2001)
- 3 Governor’s Cup Championships
- First win as Driver of Record in a Trophy Truck at the 2011 MasterCraft Safety Tecate SCORE San Felipe 250
- Heralded as the premier driver after winning the longest distance (1296 miles point-to-point) SCORE Baja 1000 ever held in 2007