2009 Yamaha WR450F
Features and Specifications
2009 Yamaha WR450F
* A YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame— engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling.
* Five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
* Digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
* The WR450F is green sticker approved for California.
* 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers more broad power than ever, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
* Special WR camshafts, carburetion, intake ports, exhaust, etc., all work together to produce an engine with lots of low and midrange power.
* Special crank balance factor and AC generator provide smooth running. A piston oil-jet provides increased cooling for long life.
* Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
* 39mm Keihin® FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) produces ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
* “No tools” airbox uses hinge-type quick-open lid. Battery rides low.
* Digital CDI ignition system delivers more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
* Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements ensure maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
* Wide-ratio five-speed transmission uses strengthened gears and YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch.
* Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
* Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
* Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
* Electric start ensures easy restarts.
* YZ-inspired aluminum frame helps reduce weight while optimizing mass centralization.
* Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
* Fully adjustable air-/oil-separate 48mm cartridge-type fork delivers precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
* Tapered swingarm adopts YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Lightweight axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
* The KYB® shock provides 12.0 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a larger piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
* Wave-type brake discs reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
* Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel rims provide durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
* Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
* YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. ProTaper® aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp for light weight and great comfort.
* Slim-design lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
* One-piece, high-strength, plastic skid plate shaves weight and offers great protection.
* Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
* Adjustable front brake lever.
* Ultra-wide footpegs for more comfort.
* Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
* Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.
$7,499 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from August 2008
449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
Bore x Stroke - 95.0mm x 63.4mm
Compression Ratio - 12.3:1
Carburetion - Keihin® FCR 39
Ignition - CDI
Transmission - Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive - Chain Drive
Chassis - Suspension/Front
Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
Single shock; fully adjustable, 12-in travel
Brakes/Front - Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
Brakes/Rear - Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
Tires/Front - 80/100-21 51M
Tires/Rear - 110/100-18 64M
Length - 85.6 in
Width - 32.5 in
Height - 51.0 in
Seat Height - 38.6 in
Wheelbase - 58.5 in
Ground Clearance - 14.4 in
Fuel Capacity - 2.1 gal
Wet Weight - 271 lb
30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
|2009 Yamaha WR450F||2009 Yamaha WR250F|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R230||2009 Yamaha TT-R125LE|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R125E||2009 Yamaha TT-R110E|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R50E||2009 Yamaha PW50|