2009 Yamaha WR250F
Features and Specifications
2009 Yamaha WR250F
* YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame—engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling.
* Highly evolved high-revving five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
* Digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode—or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
* The WR250F is green sticker approved for California.
* 249cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers excellent low- and midrange power, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
* Special WR camshafts, carburetion, and exhaust and ignition systems work together to produce a quick-revving engine with great low- and midrange power.
* 37mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and quick throttle response.
* Close-ratio five-speed gearbox.
* “No tools” airbox uses hinge-type quick-open lid.
* Digital CDI ignition system delivers more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
* Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements ensure maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
* Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
* Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
* Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
* Electric start ensures easy restarts.
* Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
* Fully adjustable air-/oil-separate 48mm fork tubes deliver precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
* Tapered swingarm uses YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
* The KYB® shock provides 12.2 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a larger piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
* Wave disc brake rotors front and rear reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
* Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear rims provide durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
* Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
* YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides.
* ProTaper aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp shaves weight and increases comfort.
* Wide footpegs for great comfort.
* Slim-design, lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
* One-piece, high-strength, plastic skid plate shaves weight and offers great protection.
* Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
* Adjustable front brake lever.
* Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
* Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.
$6,699 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from September 2008
250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
Bore x Stroke - 77.0mm x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio - 12.5:1
Carburetion - Keihin® FCR 37
Ignition - CDI
Transmission - Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive - Chain Drive
Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
Single shock; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
Brakes/Front - Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
Brakes/Rear - Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
Tires/Front - 80/100-21-51M
Tires/Rear - 100/100-18-59M
Length - 85.2 in
Width - 32.5 in
Height - 51.1 in
Seat Height - 38.6 in
Wheelbase - 58.3 in
Ground Clearance - 14.4 in
Fuel Capacity - 2.1 gal
Wet Weight - 260 lb
30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
|2009 Yamaha WR450F||2009 Yamaha WR250F|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R230||2009 Yamaha TT-R125LE|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R125E||2009 Yamaha TT-R110E|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R50E||2009 Yamaha PW50|