2009 Yamaha TT-R230
Features and Specifications
2009 Yamaha TT-R230
* YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
* Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for rider mobility.
* Electric start makes getting started a complete pushbutton exercise.
* A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance.
* Steel, diamond-type-design frame.
* Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke.
* Six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for versatility and usable power delivery.
* CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance-free.
* YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
* Lightweight exhaust with muffler and quiet, USFS-approved spark arrestor.
* Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
* Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
* Linkage-mounted rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of rear wheel travel.
* 36mm front fork with 9.5 inches of wheel travel.
* 11.6 inches of ground clearance.
* Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
* Front 194mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes.
* Long seat is low, comfortable and allows easy rider movement.
* Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates.
* Sleek fuel tank with 2.1-gallon capacity for good range and excellent freedom of movement.
* Large, folding, cleated footpegs.
* Durable fork boots provide excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
$3,699 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from October 2008
223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke, 2 valves
Bore x Stroke - 70.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio - 9.5:1
Carburetion - Y26P
Ignition - DC-CDI
Transmission - Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive - Chain
Suspension/Front - Telescopic fork; 9.5-in travel
Suspension/Rear - Single shock; 8.7-in travel
Brakes/Front - 194mm single disc
Brakes/Rear - 130mm drum
Tires/Front - 80/100-21 NHS
Tires/Rear - 100/100-18 NHS
Length - 81.3 in
Width - 31.5 in
Height - 46.5 in
Seat Height - 34.2 in
Wheelbase - 54.5 in
Ground Clearance - 11.6 in
Fuel Capacity - 2.1 gal
Wet Weight - 256 lb
90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
|2009 Yamaha WR450F||2009 Yamaha WR250F|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R230||2009 Yamaha TT-R125LE|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R125E||2009 Yamaha TT-R110E|
|2009 Yamaha TT-R50E||2009 Yamaha PW50|