Yamaha Announces 2010 ATV Line-Up Including New YFZ450X
Bill Ballance Special Edition sure to burn up the woods and tight trails
CYPRESS, Calif. – September 8, 2009 – Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A., today announced the full 2010 model year ATV product line including a new sport ATV designed specifically with the trail rider in mind, the YFZ450X. In total Yamaha will produce 17 ATV models for 2010 including class-leading, best-selling models from its Grizzly utility line and Raptor and YFZ sport lines.
2010 YAMAHA SPORT ATV LINEUP
The YFZ450X is new to Yamaha’s line of top performing sport ATVs and replaces the original YFZ450 as the best new ATV for tight, technical woods and trail riding.
This new trail machine is 46.1 inches wide (versus the MX track width YFZ450R introduced last fall) with optimized suspension, fuel injection, and Yamaha’s exclusive cast aluminum-steel hybrid frame.
The light and nimble 450X is designed to carve through tight trails, over tree roots, rocks and almost anything else riders might encounter on a tough GNCC course or weekend trail ride.
2010 YFZ450X - Bill Ballance Special Edition
Both the new YFZ450X and YFZ450R feature the powerful 5-valve DOHC liquid cooled single cylinder 449cc engine and highest sport ATV performance technologies available.
[Editor's Note: We will have much more on the 2010 YFZ450X in the near future - count on it!]
The Raptor legacy continues in 2010 with four models providing a range of size and performance: the Raptor 700R (best selling big bore sport ATV*), the Raptor 350, the Raptor 250 (all-around best selling sport ATV*),and Raptor 90 (best selling youth ATV*).
Bridging the gap between pure sport ATV action and utility ATV capability is the Wolverine 450 4x4. The Wolverine is one of the most popular sport utility ATVs offering riders a nimble off-road machine with a sporty feel and push-button 4x4 capabilities.
2010 YAMAHA UTILITY ATV LINEUP
Yamaha’s Grizzly 700 FI EPS, which introduced the first-ever Electric Power Steering (EPS) on an ATV, continues to be the best selling big bore utility ATV**.
This leading utility machine has won numerous awards and shoot-out comparisons with leading features like Yamaha Fuel Injection, Ultramatic® automatic transmission and On Command® 2WD/4WD/4WD with differential lock – all set atop a comfortable ride with fully independent suspension.
The Grizzly 700 FI was the platform for the Grizzly 550 FI EPS introduced last year, which quickly became the best-selling 550-class utility ATV***. Other popular models in the Grizzly line include the Grizzly 700 FI (non-EPS), Grizzly 550 FI (non-EPS), Grizzly 450 4x4 IRS, Grizzly 350 4x4 IRS, Grizzly 350 4x4, Grizzly 350 2WD and Grizzly 125.
Yamaha’s Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS sets itself apart with ITP Mud Lite tires and a semi-automatic five-speed transmission allowing the rider to choose the right gear for the conditions.
More information on all of Yamaha’s 2010 model year ATVs can be found at www.yamaha-motor.com .
- *Based on R. L. Polk & Co. total new ATV registrations in the U.S. that compete in the Yamaha defined Sport and Youth ATV segments for CYTD 2009.
- ** Based on R. L. Polk & Co. total new ATV registrations in the U.S. that compete in the Yamaha defined Big Bore Utility ATV segment for CYTD 2009.
- *** Based on R. L. Polk & Co. total new ATV registrations in the U.S. that compete in the Yamaha defined 550cc Utility ATV segment for CYTD 2009.
- 2010 model pricing and in-dealership dates to be announced at a later date.
- ATVs with engines of 70cc to 90cc are recommended for use only by riders age 12 years and older, and always with adult supervision.
- ATVs with engines 90cc or greater are recommended for use only by riders age 16 years and older.