BRP remains focused on powersports enthusiasts with its 2008 Can-Am ATVs
Powered by the completely new Rotax® 4-TEC® 450cc engine, the Can-Am DS 450™ EFI model is no exception to BRP's reputation of taking a fresh approach when entering new market segments. From the front suspension to the rear axle, innovations are everywhere. Not the least of which is its advanced Altec aluminum frame, making the DS 450 the lightest 450cc sport ATV in its class.
Also new for 2008
• The Can-Am Renegade™ 500 H.O. EFI model, powered by a Rotax 4-TEC EFI V-twin engine, is joining the noted Renegade 800.
• The Can-Am DS 70™ and the redesigned DS 90™: two new youth full-featured models, with long-travel suspension, day lights, storage bin and bodywork reflecting the DNA of the DS 450 and Renegade models.
• For 2008, all Can-Am Outlander™ models receive upgrades, new multi-function gauge and rear fascia styling. Standard models are equipped with restyled painted steel wheels.
“With these new models, BRP continues to fulfill its commitment to reach out and attract true powersports enthusiasts,” said Yves Leduc, vice-president and general manager, Snowmobiles, Watercraft, Sport Boats and ATVs, BRP. "The DS 450 EFI embodies everything the Can-Am brand stands for – power, handling, innovation, and cutting edge design. We are especially looking forward to its performance on the race track."
Returning in 2008
• The Renegade 800 H.O. EFI model which grabbed the attention of enthusiasts for 2007 returns with its sport handling and assertive looks, combined with 4x4 capability. Ski-Doo Lynx Sea-Doo Evinrude Johnson Rotax Can-Am
• At the core of the Can-Am 2008 offering is the Outlander family of award-winning recreationutility models. The Outlander comes in 800, 650, 500 and 400 engine sizes – each the most powerful in its class and each available as a two-rider Outlander MAX version, an Outlander XT™ value-added package version, and an Outlander MAX XT version.
• The ultra-luxurious Outlander MAX 800 H.O. EFI Ltd. two-rider model is back with its collection of luxury touring features – built-in GPS receiver, winch system, mud guards, cast aluminum wheels, Steel Grey Metallic paint, and more.
• BRP’s entry level recreation-utility ATV, the DS 250™, returns to offer consumers comfortable ergonomics and superb entry-level performance.
“All of the refinements and additions we made to the Can-Am line for 2008 are focused on riders getting even more excitement when they’re out riding,” concluded Leduc. "That is what Can-Am is all about.”
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorized recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo® and Lynx™ snowmobiles, Sea-Doo® watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude® and Johnson® outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as Evinrude E-TEC®, Can-Am™ all-terrain vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax® engines and karts.
®, TM and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.