Arctic Cat Prowler 1000 Announced
Prowler 1000H2 EFI XTZ and 550H1 EFI Flatbed
Prowler 1000H2 EFI XTZ
The H2 revolution of hemi-producing power will soon open a new dimension in power to the ROV class. As you can imagine, the 1000 H2 EFI has a potently powerful 951cc, SOHC, V-twin, liquid-cooled engine, designed for a wide torque curve with the smoothest power via Electronic Fuel Injection. Cold weather starting and changes in elevation are no longer an issue.
Keeping true to Arctic Cat ATV heritage, the Prowler was designed to conquer any job when it comes to storage and hauling capacities. Lift the hood on any Prowler XTZ and you will find a storage compartment that can hold 25lbs of hunting supplies, tools, and can double as a cooler to store ice. The composite cargo bed has a brand new box latch for easier box dumping so you can throw in 600lbs. of the harshest payloads and the Prowler won’t even whimper.
Other amenities of the Prowler XTZ include a sport bumper and fascia, all-new cast aluminum 14” wheels with black painted inlays with 26x9R14 Goodyear MTR front tires and 26x11R14 Goodyear MTRs in the rear for the ultimate in offroad traction. Arctic Cat accessories come standard in the form of nerf bars, box rails, rear view mirror, hood scoop and Pro Grip steering wheel. All this packaged in Sunset Orange Metallic automotive paint that can be buffed and waxed.
• 951cc, EFI, SOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, V-twin, liquid cooled engine
• The “H” in H2 stands for Hemi. The hemispherical-shaped head creates more complete, more efficient combustion for
• An Arctic Cat-produced performance engine built in the state-of-the-art St. Cloud manufacturing facility
• Electronic Fuel Injection aids in perfect starting no matter what altitude or temperature changes.
• Liquid cooling system with high-capacity radiator and thermostatically-controlled cooling fan provides consistent engine operating temperatures
• The Duramatic Automatic Transmission has a long-life maintenance-free belt that withstands the harshest of conditions.
• Dual bucket seats with center console allow you easy access to the conveniently located dual plug 12V accessory outlets in the dashboard, glovebox with storage door, or molded tool kit, located underneath the passenger seat. Prowler floors sit higher to protect riders feet from the elements when forging water crossings or muddy terrain
• The armrests, or side canopy supports have a large radius for ease of entry and departure of vehicle, while the seat belts have large button for easier passenger and driver removal
• The Prowler XTZ leads the way with 10” of ground clearance and 10” of suspension travel front and rear. Performance-minded front and rear gas charged shocks with monotube design, soak up every bit of terrain thrown at it.
• Brand new outboard-mounted rear disk brakes provide positive stopping performance while the hand-operated parking brake located on the center console keeps you planted while parked.
• A fully composite rear cargo box has a 600lb. hauling capacity, resists rust, denting and also acts as a dump box with a pull of a lever located behind the driver seat. A large under hood storage compartment can hold 25 lbs. of gear or doubles as a cooler that holds ice. A dash mounted glovebox with door, provides additional storage. The Prowler is rated for a 1500lb towing capacity and also has a single
hand-operated tailgate latch like a pickup truck for easy bed access
• All-new cast aluminum 14” wheels are standard with 26x9R14 Goodyear MTR front tires and 26x11R14 Goodyear MTR’s in the rear provide superb traction in all conditions
• Digital guages display 14 critical operation indicators including: MPH, odometer, dual trip, hours, clock, fuel level and gear position, also has red display for nighttime readability
• The Prowler cockpit is laid out so that everything is at your fingertips. 2-wheel to 4-wheel drive is electrically selectable with a new all-in-one 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock rocker switch button for quick engagement shifting. A reverse override button is located on the center console for quicker reverse speeds. A rack and pinion steering system provides easy turning in 2- and 4-wheel drive applications
• To handle the 1000 H2’s enormous power output, Arctic Cat has engineered a rear differential to deliver maximum power to the tires with minimum driveline wear.
• 2-inch automotive style receiver hitch allows the consumer to remove the hitch from their 2” automotive receiver and install it into the Prowler’s receiver hitch located on the front and the rear of the vehicle
• Tool kit conveniently molded into the passenger side seat for easy access and secure fit
• New clutch calibration – different rollers and weights for increased acceleration
• Foot pedals for increased styling and better boot traction. Can also be switched out very easily for new pedal.
• An easy way to see what the competition is doing behind you.
• Frame cover underneath running board/entry areas – Helps styling and aids in frame protection as well as keep mud and debris from entering and collecting on skidplates
• Sunset Orange painted bodywork with performance-inspired graphics
Prowler 550H1 EFI Flatbed
Arctic Cat will be revealing full specs on this vehicle later this morning.