Arctic Cat Announces 2013 Four-Person Wildcat 4 1000
With many side-by-side manufacturers announcing four-seater vehicles, Arctic Cat didn’t want to be left out of the conversation and just recently announced its own version in the Wildcat 4 1000. The new vehicle – available in Sunset Orange, Black and Arctic Green – will be available in February of 2013 according to Arctic Cat.
“The Wildcat 4 is purpose built with many of the industry-leading key features found in the Wildcat 1000, but Arctic Cat engineers have gone beyond ‘industry-leading,’” says the company in the press release for the Wildcat 4.
Of the new features on the Wildcat 4 is a new drive and driven clutch designed in partnership with Team Industries. This new clutch system is designed to improve acceleration while helping apply torque and horsepower of the 951cc V-twin engine. The Wildcat 4 also gets a new sway bar that is designed to work with the new Podium Fox Shox that are tuned for the larger four-person Wildcat.
The new Wildcat 4 will square off with other four-seater side-by-sides on the marker, including the Polaris RZR 4 XP and the Can-Am Maverick 1000R MAX. The Wildcat 4 (with EPS) will carry an MSRP of $19,599, which is priced identically to the EPS version of the RZR 4 XP 900. There’s no comparison pricing for the Can-Am Maverick 1000R MAX since its pricing has not been released yet.
2013 Wildcat 4 1000 Details
• Industry-leading 5-Link rear suspension, 13-inches of ground clearance, and 18-inches of rear suspension travel
• Full Perimeter Exoskeleton frame was stretched 29-inches to accommodate four occupants with a best-in-class ride-in comfort and leg room
• Interior has a locking glove box and cup holders, four high-back bucket seats with 3-point seat belts and four tube-frame doors with integrated nets
• V-Twin, SOHC, liquid-cooled, 951cc, Electronic Fuel Injection built for massive torque and improved acceleration
• Automatic transmission has a park-in-gear shifter with Reverse, Neutral, High and Low gears while the 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock switch is easy to locate on the dashboard
• Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) designed to maintain a light steering input effort with an infinitely adjustable tilt steering wheel
• LED Headlights and Taillights utilize 50% less wattage
Expect to see the Wildcat 4 in dealerships in February. For more information on Arctic Cat’s lineup, visit their website at http://www.arcticcat.com/