This is the information on my 83 Jeep Wagoneer, which is a daily driver
and six person family hauler. I purchased the veh. a little over two years
ago for 1700.00.
So far with the add ons the total comes out to approx.3200.00.
I'll have done all the work myself, except the dual exhaust. The veh.
has power everthing and approx. 126,000 miles on the od.
Here goes the list:
- R.V. cam
- Double roller timing chain w/2 degree advance
- new lifter and push rods
- 4 barrel carb. off a 79 401 (tuning is still off a little)
- H/K air filter
- Champion 4X4 battery 1050 cca
- Else. fans for cooling, no engine fan
- Factory tran. cooler
- 96 amp alt.
- Mobil 1 syn. 5-30
- 31- body lift
- Add-a -leaf (a good 2 inches of lift)
- Sears gas shocks (will be replaced soon)
- Firestone tires 265x75RI5
- Detroit ez-locker (no real problems driving, even in snow)
- Run Slick 50 in both pumkins
- 4 KC lites, 2 rear utility lites. Lites are mounted on a lite bar I
built into the roof rack.
- Swing away tire and jerry can carrier
- Home made licence plate step (legs got shorter as van. got taller)
- 20 gal. spare fuel tank
- Else. fuel pump
- Else. tank switch
- Took a factory fuel tank filler and put next to the other one, it
was pain to fill both tanks from one hole.
- Ash tray CB
- AM/FM cassett stero w/ 100 watt amp and cd player
- Lockable console w/the factory arm rest
- Lockable gun rack
- Hi Lift jack (I've had this for 22 years, when I got my first 4X4
Well that's about everthing. I'll add more to the veh. when money comes
my way. I have plans on going to Moab, Ut. this year to try their trails.
I really enjoy the FSJ, this is my second in the last 10 year,.
I have good access to part veh. in the local salvage, most of the time
I will buy used before buying new. I've included some pics. of my veh. a
four wheeling area about 5 min. from my home. I enjoy your net page, keep
up the good work.